List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0.2 on IRIX
From:       Marcus Camen <mcamen () mcamen ! de>
Date:       2002-07-11 20:16:38

Hi *,

> I recently tried to compile the KDE 3.0.2 packages on IRIX and was
> able to do so after a little hacking.  I've attached some notes that
> cover the issues I had with each package.  Overall, nothing major, but
> I did have to workaround the namespace handling bug in the MIPSpro 7.3
> compilers quite a bit.

Thanks for the list of patches. Maybe we should found a
"KDE3-MipsPro-Compile-Club" as we (not suprisingly) all face the same
namespace problems...
... and even have the same fixes for them   ;-))

> o kcontrol/background/Makefile.am:11, moved $(LIB_KFILE) to the end of
>   the line to fix a link problem
> o kcontrol/kdm/Makefile.am:8, moved $(LIB_KIO) to the end of the line
>   to fix a link problem

I am not an auto* guru. But maybe we can put this into CVS, no?
Can these changes break other platforms?

/me looking for an auto* wizard...

> o khelpcenter/khc_infohierarchymaker.cc, find_if, bind1st and bind2nd
>   undefined, didn't compile khelpcenter

I played a litte bit with the Makefile and somehow managed to compile
this. For me khelpcenter does work but the help ioslave inside it
does not. And yes, I do have the right versions of libxml2 and libxslt.

> o konsole/konsole/Makefile.am:32, moved $(LIB_KPARTS) to the end of
>   the line to fix a link problem
> o konsole/konsole/Makefile.am:53, moved $(LIB_KDEUI) to the end of
>   the line to fix a link problem

CVS ?

> o kpersonalizer/keyecandypagedlg.cpp:20, added '#include
>   <klistview.h>' since KListView wasn't defined.

This a generated file. As I can see you use qt3.0.3. I don't
get this error with KDE 3.0.1 / qt3.0.4. Maybe a QT bug?

> [...]

You you give as a bit information on the type (-o32, -n32, -n64) and the
size of the generated files? IMHO the libs and binaries (-n32) are
really huge campared to Linux. I do not have the numbers here ATM but I
can look them up if you like.

Do have any idea of new MipsPro versions without these namespace bug?

Do you intend to try to compile an alpha of KDE3.1?

CU
   Marcus