List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: System Integration
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2002-07-11 10:52:54

On Thursday 11 July 2002 00:01, Chris Howells wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 10 July 2002 10:53 pm, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > SuSE did Yast 2 - if it's under (L)GPL - it might worth investigating to
> > use this as a base - it looks good, and if I'm not mistaken, integrates
> > into KControl..
>
> YaST is non-free and in the US SuSE insist on per-seat licensing for YaST.

Typical fud here. The only thing you're not allowed to do with the YaST
sources is to resell it yourself. After we stopped shipping YaST1 in SuSE 8.0
someone forked it.

SuSE do not have a per-seat license on YaST (or on UnitedLinux fwiw). Don't
believe everything you read on /. or at least don't mindlessly repeat it.

> A non-starter.

That's true though.

Bo.

     Free software developer    |   5290 Marslev
     SuSE Labs                  |   Denmark