List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate Scriptability
From:       Andreas Zehender <zehender () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-11 5:57:11

Hi!

> Ideally when 3.1 is out I should have some more complete docs on how to use
> KScriptInterface in userland apps.  Hopefully the python engine will be out
> by then too.  This is important because the python engine is quite fast and
> is almost as quick as calling the dcop interface from C++.

Can you provide an overview, how scripting can be used in an application?
We are discussing scripting ability for kpovmodeler for animations and plugins
on our list at the moment.

Just a few steps, no details.
Maybe only links to some kate source code files.
Maybe steps, that will work in the future when the python engine is finished.
How to access the parts data, how to access attributes of instances.

Andreas