List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Untranslated copyright in noatun
From:       Stefan =?iso-8859-1?q?Asserh=E4ll?= <stefan.asserhall () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-07-07 22:12:06

On Sunday 07 July 2002 23.54, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > The copyright string in noatun's about box is not translated,
> > because I18N_NOOP is missing in main.cpp.
> > Here is a patch.
> >
> > Should I commit to CVS?
>
> I don't think copyrights and licenses should be translated, because only
> the original text is binding anyway.
Well, i don't know about the legalese, but I think an ordinary Swedish user
would not expect to see the string "(c) 2000-2002, The Noatun Developers"
in the dialog box, but something like "(c) 2000-2002, Noatun-utvecklarna".

There lots of such copyright messages already translated for other
applications, so if legal aspects require the copyrights to be untranslated,
those would have to be changed instead (by removing I18N_NOOP).

Anyone out there, who can shed a light on this?

/ Stefan Asserhäll