List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Built 3.0.2 - KDM still doesn't work, GDM okay
From:       Rene Gass <kde-devel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-07-06 15:26:30

> > Do you have older KDE files in the search path? That has been a problem
> > for me in the first place.
>
> I carefully removed all the KDE 2 libraries and KDM used to work with KDE
> 3.0, so I don't think that is the problem.

I don't know if KDE 2 libraries are a problem, I have just removed both
/opt/kde2/bin and /opt/kde3/bin from the PATH of my test user and
/opt/kde2/lib and /opt/kde3/lib from my ld.so.conf . Things worked fine
afterwards. Normal users see the SuSE supplied KDE 3.0.2 and test user sees
KDE cvs.

Did you clear the build directory and the destination directory before
compilation? Maybe some old stuff laid around.

Regards,

René Gaß