List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fundamental KDE Library Problem..
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2002-07-03 12:48:04

> I usually have a fair bit of respect for what you have to say but this time
> your standards are slipping.
>
> Please tell me... What's your point??? How things have been done in the
> past is no justification for continuing in the same way.
>
> I said a well defined process and a solid design that is done before coding
> would be beneficial. I also tried to point out advantages.

Implementing this process that you refer to by hand is tedious and nobody (kde
developers) can afford to have a secretary just to shuffle API's and keep
track of those things by hand. So, manual approach is a no-no here.

I assume that all kde developers are more than willing to implement the
process you propose as long as you either write the tools (good luck), or
provide each willing kde developer with $10k for the tools needed.

Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about.

Cheers, Kuba Ober