On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:30, Karl Robillard wrote: > I'm porting an OpenGL Windows screensaver to KDE and I have a few > questions. > > What is the status of KDE screensavers? > It seems like the same few boring savers have been part of KDE for years. > Is there some reason that no one writes KDE screensavers? > > Xscreensaver author Jamie Zawinski seems to think there are problems with > KDE screensavers, but in his 2002-04-03 post to this list he doesn't really > explain what those problems are (why are multiple configuration tools are > bad?) What are the issues here? I've looked briefly at the GTK > xscreensaver setup tool shipped with RedHat 7.3 and there doesn't seem to > be any GUI configuration for the savers - you just type command line > arguments in a string widget. This doesn't seem suitable for either > desktop project (GNOME/KDE). > > How do I get my savers into the official KDE CVS tree? > > I didn't find any documentation on 'How to write a KDE screensaver'. Does > such a document exist? I started writing a tutorial long ago, but I never finished it. Here's the document to date: http://trolls.troll.no/~mjones/ksstutorial-1.1.tgz Maybe someone would like to clean up the HTML and put it somewhere useful. Martin. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<