List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: custom kio_uiserver ?
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-07-02 20:54:30

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 09:15, David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 01 July 2002 23:08, aleXXX wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > for a (roughly) kiosk-like application we'd like to have a very custom
> > uiserver, i.e. custom error messages and mainly a custom password dialog.
> >
> > Is this possible and how ?
>
> Hack kio_uiserver, or write another app that offers the same DCOP interface
> (uiserver.h). This app is only used via its DCOP interface, its internals
> don't matter to the outside.

Ok, the only questions which now still remains, how is the uiserver started ?
I.e. what do I have to do that "my" uiserver will be started ?
I don't want to replace the kio_uiserver binary, I'd like to incorporate
the uiserver DCOP interface into my own app process, which is running anyway.

Thanks
Alex