List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [kde-linux] kaddressbook broken ?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-30 22:17:31

On Sunday 30 June 2002 21:22, Werner Joss wrote:

> Subject: [kde-linux] kaddressbook broken ?
> Date: Samstag, 29. Juni 2002 12:10
> From: Werner Joss <werner@hoernerfranzracing.de>
> To: kde-linux@mail.kde.org
>
> Hi all,
> is there anyone who knows about the current state of kaddressbook
> from cvs ? I know that some time ago, the file format has changed
> from kab to kabc, I remember that my
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kab/addressbook.kab
> was automatically converted to  ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf (which
> is the new format) - seemed to work well.
> but since awhile (~3 weeks ?), kaddressbook seems not to be able
> weather to read std.vcf nor import addressbook.kab.
> the only config option in kaddressbook is to provide the name
> of an ldap server, which I obviously don't have...
> any clarification of this situation would be appreciated.

libkabc the underlying addressbook library is now able to have multiple
sources for the addressbook data. The standard file is one option. For
a while the standard file wasn't added automatically. This should now
work again. To configure the resources libkabc uses, use the
corresponding kcontrol module (kcmshell kabc).