List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS checking behind firewall?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-30 21:53:01

On Sunday 30 June 2002 07:04 am, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> Here at my new job, the firewall rules are extremly tight - mail and web
> only and accessing the web through proxy only :(
>
> Is there any way to get into CVS sources? I understand that there are
> snapshots, but they're quite big to download (speed here is pretty slow, to
> say the least)...

In ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/devel/ you can find a cvs client that can connect
through a firewall, now it depends a bit on how strict your firewall is.

1) If it allows you to CONNECT to random ports you are ok.
2) If it allows you to CONNECT to the default https port only, you can run a
forwarder on the https port of some other machine.
3) If it doesn't allow CONNECT at all you can use a forwarder in combination
with IP-over-HTTP. (It's no joke)

Cheers,
Waldo
--