List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDM choosing Language
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-30 11:24:20

On Sunday 30 June 2002 07:13, Gioele Barabucci wrote:
> How would this be usefull?
> If KDM is in english but I want french because I don't know english, how
> could I read the english text "Change language"?
> And if you're thinking about flags, there are some problems:
> - show all the flags? no, there are too many
> - show a set of flags? then you've to know the possible audience, or still
> someone wont understand...

The same drop-down that KPersonalizer and KControl use? ;-)

But to answer your other points, it wasn't me who requested the change, so I
don't know. I run KDE in English, but I have no idea if there are countries
where even KDM's minimal GUI is already too much. I can imagine Japanese kids
having problems with it. But I frankly don't know if that was what Matthew
meant...

Martijn