List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS question
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-06-30 10:22:52

> On Sunday 30 June 2002 10:54, Rene Gass wrote:
>
> > What is the right way to first get sources as .tgz.bz2 via FTP and then
> > going on with updating via CVS?
>
> You can't.

Hi!
  I wouldn't be so strict :-). At least for me it worked. It all depends on
the fact whether the packager removed CVS directories accross the tarball
(there is a support for this). I had a big luck that when I get my first
KDE tarballs a long time ago, the packager probably forgot to do it and it
was then easy to update by CVS. It's also possible that the CVS files were
not in the tarball, but they were downloadable from FTP as a separate file.
I really don't remember whether it was the case but I remember that I did
it at least once (but I'm not sure if for KDE or for another project).
  So: If You see a directory named CVS in every subdirectory of the tarball,
it's probable that You can update it. If not, You definitely can't.

                                         With regards, Pavel Troller