List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error compile today kdesdk [SOLVED]
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 23:58:06

Bernd Gehrmann [bernd@physik.hu-berlin.de] wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Nick Katsamas wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this is the right patch, but I read the man page for strptime
> > "man strptime" and in the top it says:
> >
> > #define _XOPEN_SOURCE /* glibc2 needs this */
> >
> > so i insert this line ta the top of the file updateview.cpp and cervicia
> > compiled.
>
> So on some Linux system is doesn't compile without _XOPEN_SOURCE and
> on Solaris 7 it doesn't compile with _XOPEN_SOURCE? What about using
> GNU_SOURCE?

Also, none of this works at all on MacOSX and/or Darwin, which does not (yet)
have strptime.  Is there a portable replacement for strptime?

It's supposedly part of the XPG4 standard, but from the (albeit limited) research
I've done looking into this trying to get KDESDK building on MacOSX, it's poorly
implemented or missing on a number of unixy platforms.

Considering it's only used once in all of the kdesdk tree, is there any
possibility of an alternative of some kind?

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
...if humanoids eat chicken, then obviously they'd eat their own species.