List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Compile problem (./configure problem?)
From:       Roland Seuhs <roland () hasos ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 13:44:49

Hi!

I tried to compile kde-cvs on SuSE8 and get the following errors on kdelibs
and kdebase:

/opt/kde2/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
index.docbook:7: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
 ^
index.docbook:9: error: Entity 'language' not defined
<book lang="&language;">
                      ^
index.docbook:9: validity error: No declaration for attribute lang on element
book
<book lang="&language;">
                       ^
index.docbook:11: error: Entity 'kaddressbook' not defined

[... and so on ...]

I can work around the problem when I exclude "doc" from TOPSUBDIRS in the
Makefile. I'm pretty sure that there is something missing/wrong with my
installation, so I suppose ./configure should complain about it.

"meinproc" which seems to be a XML-converter is only in /opt/kde2/bin, no
other version is found on my installation. $KDEDIR is not set in the compile
environment (which should be OK and default to /usr/local/kde, I hope.) I've
left alone Qt and use what came with SuSE8 (which should also be OK as
configure did accept it)

Probably I need another "meinproc" version, where can I get it?

Thanks for your help,

Roland

--
The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to
constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every