From kde-devel Sat Jun 29 15:15:13 2002 From: Hasanen Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:15:13 +0000 To: kde-devel Subject: kylix X-MARC-Message: https://marc.info/?l=kde-devel&m=102536642701702

Hi
does any body heard about kylix ?
I was browsing Delphi 6 help files and linux was every were in this Win32 app !

borland says that it's released kylix , which is delphi-under-linux and programming in it is just like in windoze
and you can take project files from windoze delphi to kylix then recompile them, after that they will work under
linux just like under windoze.
kylix support frames and visual programming , which will make building complex applications easy with just a few
mouse clicks , I dont like easy programming and mouse , but this will make programming under linux easier,
and will increase programs under linux more and more.

but i want to know if kylix is generating programs uses the KDE libs or GNOME or just X or it has it's own controls ?

if you know then please tell me.