List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail problem
From:       jonathan_brugge <jonathan_brugge () mailcircuit ! com>
Date:       2002-06-28 20:55:26

On Friday 28 June 2002 12:25, hasanen naufal wrote:
> Hi , I have an old PC work with RH 7.1 Linux with KDE 2.1.1
> [...]
> the problem is that my SMTP server  require a user name and password , but
> KMAIL don't have any option to enable
> SMTP authentication.

Update to KDE3, if KDE2 doesn't have the option. In the newest KMail, there's
an option in Settings => Configure KMail => Network => Sending => Select an
account => Modify => Server requires authentication. I don't have the
slightest idea when this feature was introduced, so it might as well be in
KDE2. It surely is available in HEAD now.

Jonathan Brugge