On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:49 pm, Irwin K wrote: > 1) How can I fix this, short of reinstalling? (I'm recompiling right now, > but it's taking time, and I'd like to know a workaround in case I run into > this again.). Reinstall :-] > 2) Why is this allowed? I don't think that anything that anyone does as a > local user to the KMenu (as user, as root, or otherwise) should be able to > affect the "global KDE settings".=20 I did some investigation and it seems that if you have write access to the= =20 "global KDE settings", KMenu makes the changes there instead of in your=20 homedirectory. =46eel free to submit a bugreport on kmenuedit if you think it shouldn't :-] Cheers, Waldo =2D-=20 bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<