List:       kde-devel
Subject:    proxy configuration
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-26 18:51:58

Hi,

I'm moving many developers in my new work to use KDE 3, but I got one serious
problem - the proxy configuration...

It looks like the proxy configuration (manually) cannot be configured that all
the outside sites should use the proxy, but inside sites (10.x.x.x,
192.168.x.x) shouldn't use the proxy. In the proxy config it's reveresed, and
I need to put the URL's if I want in the table on the proxy config.

Could this be reversed to allow me to select the ip's classes or domain names
that would not go through proxy config?

Another problem that I've seen in KDE 3.0 is when the proxy configuration is
enabled, trying audiocd:// gives http//audiocd// and even when disabling
proxy it gives the same error (KDE 3.0.0 version).

Thanks,
Hetz