List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Back to xterm ?
From:       "Éric" Brunet <ebrunet () quatramaran ! ens ! fr>
Date:       2002-06-21 12:02:51

In ens.mailing-lists.kde-devel, you wrote:
>On Friday 21 June 2002 12:47, "=C9ric" Brunet wrote:
>>  Of course, as I need to type accentued letters
>
>What's wrong with composing keys ? Much more intuitive and flexible.

Well, can we have both ? Once you are used to typew accents with meta, it
is much faster than compose key. Typing meta-i is two keystrokes,
compose-'-e is three, and more cumbersome to reach (compose and ' are on
the lower right of the keyboard, you have to move completely the right
hand to reach the keys.)

Anyway, I can understand that the default behavior of meta is to prefix
an <ESC>. But as soon as I *explicitely* give a new meaning to meta in
the .keytab file, shouldn't the default behavior be overriden ? It sounds
as a bug to me.

Éric