List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: quotation marks
From:       Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () obviously ! com>
Date:       2002-06-13 12:02:49

>>>I will certainly send a request about this to the Trolls -- for what it's
>>>worth. I think this would be a great thing to have in every Editor (esp.
>>>KBabel) and text processing program. We'd need something, however, to
>>>indicate the numbers to type on the numpad (as Windows does with their char
>>>selection utility). I talked to Bryce Nesbitt about this a while ago. Maybe I
>>>should ask him again... ;-)
>>>
>>Note that Kcharselect can easily be used by an application.  The app
>>brings up Kcharselect, and the user can double-click on characters to
>>insert them.
>>
>>I could also make KCharselect document the Unicode glyph value,
>>on the assumption that X becomes ready to enter it.  But that's as far
>>as KCharselect can really go.  And I can't really hack it into QT
>>without the trolls.
>>

>  Hi!
>
>Does KCharSelect support some sort of resizing? The widget was too huge
>(read its minimal size) to be used in KBabel last time I've checked.
>
>Stanislav

Yes, I added resizing to KCharselect some time ago.  But you still get
the same
number of rows & columns of characters, and the minimum size probably
did not
get smaller.  Too small and it gets unreadable.

It works as a popup, and would not work particularly well as an
on-screen keyboard.

Adding the Unicode glyph number would make it even bigger...

                            -Bryce