On Monday 10 June 2002 22:44, aleXXX wrote: > > I wrote a trivial ioslave for KDE 2 which executed arbitrary shell > > commands. e.g kmd:/ps aux|grep myuser > > and put the output into whatever document you were using. > > > > I've tried running this in konqueror for KDE3 and things aren't worki= ng > > quite as expected. > > > > A URL such as kmd:/ps seems to send konqueror into a spin never > > returning. However the ioslave's get method is being called, but it n= ever > > seems to emit its data (Also interestingly this still works in kedit) > > > > The same thing happens for URLs such as kmd://blah/foo but not if you= put > > on a following slash (ie kmd://blah/foo/) > > AFAIK the first part after a "://" should always be the host which is > contacted. So if it is on localhost, you should use "kmd:/blah". In this case I'm not trying to contact any host. Is konqueror trying to=20 resolve an address by itself in these cases? > URL's like "kmd:blah" are AFAIK supported through > kdebase/kcontrol/ebrowsing/plugins/shorturi/ manipulations. I think this is the beastie I want to be looking into using. > > > I thought initially this was due to some change in the way stat works= , (I > > didn't have this method overloaded previously) but according to my > > kdDebug output its not being called in these instances. > > > > What I would ideally like to do is call commands like this: > > kmd:ps > > sort of like the man slave does and receive the URL uninterpreted so = a > > user can do things like kmd:/usr/bin/ps without there being too much > > leaning toothpick syndrome. > > > > Anyway some enlightenment on what's going on here would be much > > appreciated. If not could someone point me to the source code for a > > simple ioslave which does this (like kio_man) > > Do you call finished() in your ioslave when your done with one job ? I do. Like I said it works after a fashion in apps like kedit. > Bye > Alex > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<