List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1 release schedule draft
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-04 5:47:35

Am Montag, 3. Juni 2002 23:19 schrieb Ferdinand Gassauer:

> I see so many dramatic improvements in CVS HEAD (kdeprint, khtml, kjs,
> kjava, kfile...) as well as in Koffice already that any unnecessary delay
> would be a shame. Even the HEAD branch is usualy very stable. Is it a
> policy of KDE that "all" translations have to be released at the same time
> as the english one?.

At least they should have a reasonable chance to do so. Those who can't make
it should get a second chance in an x.x.1 release.

It usually comes as a surprise to computer fans, but English is still a
minority language in the world although an extremely important one. An
English-only KDE is useless to _lots_ of our most loyal users. And even most
of the people who understand English seem to vastly prefer a localized
desktop (at least that's the experience here in Germany).

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de