List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker doesn't use the selected icon theme at startup
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-06-03 8:20:27

> > I don't really understand why this happens. When kdeprint is loaded, it
> > calls:
> >
> > KGlobal::iconLoader()->addAppDir("kdeprint");
> >
> > Can this have an influence on the way icons will be loaded in kicker?
>
> Indeed it did, apparently.
> Please test this patch (this isn't my code, I hope I got it right).
>
> (It seems it created a theme node "hicolor" in _front_ of the current theme
> nodes, instead of at the back).

It solves the problem for kicker. However, all KDEPrint icons are lost.
They are located in $KDEDIR/share/apps/kdeprint/icons/hicolor. This looks
"normal" if I'm using the crystal icon theme, however it would be nice
if the icon loaded could fall back to hicolor if there's no icon in the
theme used.

Or maybe should I use another member from the icon loader than the one
I'm currently using?

Michael.