List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mouse following buttons
From:       David Leimbach <leimbacd () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2002-06-01 18:15:40

On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 01:06 PM, Greg Turpin wrote:

> I use a laptop - this feature is very important to me.
> Of course, it should not be made default.
> What reason do you have for it being bad?

I know from experience when I had this sort of thing enabled [via a
logitech driver in windows] I had a habit of making a lot of mistakes
just due to habit and the default behavior changing.  It would be
awfully intrusive to the user experience to suddenly default to this
sort of behavior.

Obviously it makes a really nice option for users to add to their own
configuration.