List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mouse following buttons
From:       Jeff Roush <jeff () mousetool ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 7:38:38

This is a nice feature for many users, as long as it is an _option_.  For most
people, it can reduce mouse use, which is a Good Thing.  However, I for one
could not use KDE with this feature.

I've got RSI, and clicking the mouse hurts; so I wrote a KDE utility that
clicks the mouse whenever it pauses.  I can't use KDE without my utility, but
having the mouse jump around with new windows really throws it off.  This
happened to lots of people under Windows with an earlier version of the
program.

(It goes like this: window opens; mouse jumps to default button; I begin
reaching for mouse; I don't reach it in time; MouseTool clicks on default
button before I have time to do anything at all in the new window.)

Regards,
Jeff Roush
www.mousetool.com