List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Porting an application
From:       Laurent Rathle <lrathle () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2002-05-31 12:57:16

Hello,

I've succeeded in building the application I'm trying to port to Kde 3. I can
even launch it. It's QTrans, a translator based on Babylon, which take a word
in the clipboard and translate it. I still have few problems.

1) When I select the word, the window doesn't popup. I have to select it in
klipper to popup the window and see its translation.

2) I can't open the setting window. It appears half a second and disappear.

3) I had to change few things in a file settings.cpp, I have :

Par->ShortKey= "CTRL+"+Char->currentText();

        if (Par->enableShortCut) {
                Par->ShortCut = new KGlobalAccel(this);
                Par->ShortCut->insert("Show/Hide", i18n("Show/Hide"),
i18n("Show/Hide shortcut"), CTRL+Key_T, KKey::QtWIN+CTRL+Key_T, this,
SLOT(slot_ShortCut()));
                Par->ShortCut->updateConnections();

and in utils.cpp :

ShortKey = Conf->readEntry("ShortKey","CTRL+T");
        if (enableShortCut){
                ShortCut = new KGlobalAccel(this);
                ShortCut->insert("Show/Hide", i18n("Show/Hide"), i18n("This
shows or hides whatever it shows or hide"), CTRL+Key_T,
KKey::QtWIN+CTRL+Key_T, this, SLOT(slot_ShortCut()));
                ShortCut->updateConnections();

As you can see, I don't use ShortKey in both files, since I don't know how to
put it into "insert".

If you could give some hint where I should look,

Thank you,

--
lrathle@kde-france.org
http://www.kde-france.org