List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New admin problems.
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-30 8:28:34

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Michal Kochanowicz wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:06:03PM +0200, Piotr Szymanski wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have a problem with the new admin dir:
> > ----
> > make -f Makefile.cvs
> > ./admin/cvs.sh: ./admin/detect-autoconf.sh[57]: type: not found
> > ./admin/cvs.sh: ./admin/detect-autoconf.sh[57]: type: not found
> It seems that this script relies on bash specific extensions. Put
> #!/bin/bash
> into the first line of that script.

Indeed it seems that way. Here's what happens on my FreeBSD system:

	bash-2.05$ /bin/sh
	$ type automake
	automake is /usr/local/bin/automake
	$ type -p automake
	-p: not found
	automake is a tracked alias for /usr/local/bin/automake

whereas "which" produces more sensible output:

	bash-2.05$ which automake
	/usr/local/bin/automake
	bash-2.05$ /bin/sh
	$ which automake
	/usr/local/bin/automake

so instead of using bash-specific extensions, can we patch this to use
"which" instead? It'd keep KDE compiling on all those machines without
bash, as well as those without bash in /bin.

[ade]