List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using kde from HEAD.
From:       Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-28 18:24:37

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 02:46, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> yes, this way HEAD gets less testing. whee! </sarcasm> ;-)
>
> seriously, a warning that "things will break from time to time" is probably
> good enough. people can decide for themselves what they are willing to risk
> and when they are willing to risk it. the more people that test against
> HEAD the quicker bugs will be found and fixed.
>
> FWIW i use HEAD for my day-to-day work. i keep a working blackbox set up
> around just in case, but i rarely if ever have problems that are
> unbearable.

Ok i don't wanted to say "don't use HEAD" just "be carefull". I don't know
what you do as your "day-to-day" work on KDE. For my side. I don now
_everything_ with Linux and KDE. I rcently deleted my Win partition :-). For
me its (eg) absolutly vital to have a 100% working Kmail and recetly there
were some probs with the cvs HEAD Kmail version.

Everyone has to decide for himself. Just _use_ KDE though :-)

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini@kde.org>