List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help! Trouble ./configure 'ing my project
From:       Jason Wood <jasonwood () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-21 21:01:33

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 7:26 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 20 May 2002 06:26 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Mandrake cooker, kdevelop 2.1and gcc 3.1 with the latest KDE
> > 3.0 files from :
> >
> > ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/desktops/kde/stable/3.0/Mandrake/8.2/RPMS
> >
> > When I try to ./configure my project to run, I get :
> >
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not
> > found. Please check your installation! For more details about this
> > problem, look at the end of config.log. Make sure that you have compiled
> > Qt with thread support! *** failed ***
>
> Make sure that you don't have qt2 around in e.g. /usr/lib or some other
> default place.

qt2 is in /usr/lib/qt2 but to check, I moved it to a totally different
location and renamed it and tried again, and the same thing happens.

I'm getting a feeling that this is probably all to do with the swapover in
mandrake cooker to compiling everything with gcc 3.1.

Is there a quick way to find out which version of gcc was used to compile the
libraries before I try downloading newer ones?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood