List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: two minor anoying bugs
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-05-17 19:56:28

On Friday 17 May 2002 17:46, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 12:44:17PM -0300, Marcos Dione wrote:
> > 	b) konsole's menu is accesible via <alt> hitting, which grabs
> > focus from terminal, and using <alt>+<tab> to switching to konsole
> > forces you to hit either <alt> again or <esc> to get to the terminal
> > itself.
>
> 	now that I note, this is the same to *any* kde app.

 This is because the application receives the XEvent for pressing and
releasing the Alt, but doesn't get either the press or the release event for
Tab, since that one is grabbed by KWin. I don't think the problem is fixable
(which is why my local Qt has this Alt-selects-menu patched and disabled).

PS: Isn't this what http://bugs.kde.org is for?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org