List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hi everyone!
From:       Christian Hubinger <a9806056 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2002-05-15 15:34:13

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 16:08, Asaf wrote:
> Christian Hubinger wrote:
> >hi!
> >
> >i'm currently developing an iptables configuration tool called
> >"KMyFirewall" ( http://kmyfirewall.sourceforge.net ) . it's mainly a
> >(hopefully one day) complete GUI interface for the iptables command plus
> > some useful features (XML - like ruleset import/export, a wizard for
> > simple personal firewals).
> >the problem i have that it's becoming quiet hard for me to do all the
> > stuff alone as long as i try to get my studies finished somedays. So if
> > any one of you is interrested in this please let me know. i will be quiet
> > happy for any kind of help.
> >
> >greetings,
> >		chris
>
> I am willing to help, but be warn I am a completely beginner regarding
> to C/C++ QT and KDE. I have a lot of experience in Java and I am willing
> to expand my knowledge in C/C++.
> Cheers,
> Asaf

cool

don't worry i'm a beginner in programming - so your experience with java is
far more than i have.
so what kind of work would you be interrested in?
there is nearly everything available from implementing missing parts in the
core classes (IPTRule IPTChain) to writing the docs :-(
so just let me know in which part you would like to become active.
to have a look at the sources check out the module "kmyfirewall" from the
sourceforge cvs server, don't konw the addres but it's pretty good explained
on the sourceforge hp.

thank you

greetings,
		chris

--
Windows is a 32 bit shell for a 16 bit extension to an 8 bit
Operating System designed for a 4 bit microchip by a 2 bit