List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker / famd bug
From:       Josef Weidendorfer <Josef.Weidendorfer () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-15 7:06:28

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 23:16, Gregor Jasny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today my kicker (KDE 3.0.1 CVS>27.03.2002) deadlocked with famd.
=2E..
> Both the kicker and the famd process took 50% CPU time.
>
> Is this a known bug?
Yes. I think its solved in CVS and should be in 3.0.2 (?).

The problem is with the kicker quickbrowser. Once a directory menu
was built, it will be watched till kicker termination. This is
EXTREMELY bad with /dev, /proc etc. And it seems this was
already the case when watching /.

Perhaps disable the quickbrowser/don't use it in the mean time?
Greetings,
Josef