List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kded causes signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
From:       "Ronny 'Ronino' Multrus" <kde () ronino ! de>
Date:       2002-05-15 8:05:47

Hi there,

with current cvs of kde3 installed i try to start it, but all i see is the
splash screen until "initializing peripherals", then the kcrashmanager (or
what it is called like) appears and tells me:
"The application KDE Daemon (kded) crashed and caused the signal 11
(SIGSEGV)."

After that, i get back to the terminal from which i started. No error gets
printed by the x-server.

What's wrong here?

This is my kde start script, maybe it could help:

#!/bin/bash
export KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde3cvs
export KDEHOME=~/.kde3cvs
export QTDIR=/home/install/pack/kde3/cvs/qt-copy
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
if [ -x /usr/local/kde3cvs/bin/startkde ]; then
  startx
else
  echo "Couldn't execute /usr/local/kde3cvs/bin/startkde"
  exit 1
fi

Bye
Ronny