List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem compiling kdelibs
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-05-13 21:08:34

On Monday 13 May 2002 22:41, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> One other amusing error i get when it can find libqt-mt is it will randomly
> not generate moc files.

My personal cooking receipt for not generated moc files or other curious
"encounters" when building is following.

In the directory where you have problems, do:
  make distclean
  rm Makefile.in

After the cleaning, it is important to run:
  make -f Makefile.cvs

It should then work again.

> It seems to prefer doing this in dcopclient.moc and a few other control
> panels.  If i manually generate them it keeps going, but somehow I think
> that manually running moc defeats the purpose of makefile ;)
>
> FYI to add to the abuse make dcopclient.moc will generate the moc file.
>
> This happens with 1.5-> 1.6.1

If I would be you, I would clean my directories with cvs-clean after changing
the version of automake. Additionaly, automake 1.6 and 1.6.1 are known not to
work with KDE.

cvs-clean is:
  make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean

> - -ian reinhart geiser