List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screen shots
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-05-12 0:43:25

On Saturday 11 May 2002 19:41, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Add to that the simple thing - I asked in #kde channel and almost no-one
> knew how to take a snapshot from kwin, how do you "paste" it or save the
> snapshot - how do u take only active window snapshot or full screen
> snapshot

A window screen shot is Alt+Print; whole desktop is Win+Print or Ctrl+Print
(or is it Alt+Ctrl+Print?), depending on the key setup.  Unfortunately, the
Print key isn't working in 3.0. :(  I just noticed this today and commited a
fix to head, but for those not using HEAD, the shortcut would have to be
changed to something not using the Print key.  Then you can paste into any
graphics application that'll take graphics from the clipboard.  Maybe we
could add a dialog box someday asking whether the user would like to save the
image or put it on the clipboard...

> (the shortcuts module in kcontrol gives only 1 key selection for
> taking screenshots)..

There are options for both desktop and application snapshots.

Cheers,
Ellis