List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KKeyDialog and KAccel
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-05-07 16:17:38

Hi Thomas,

> I have not found the time to try it, yet, but thanks! Will that be in
> kdelibs 3.0.1?

I'm afraid that with packaging being tomorrow, I wouldn't feel comfortable
putting it into 3.0.1 already. :(

> One more little thing - again, it's no big problem - with KAccel it was
> possible to configure single "regular" keys (such as 'p'), now the
> configure-dialog will only accept those in combination with a modifier-key.

For the sake of backwards compatibility to KDE 2.x, the default is in fact to
allow unmodified letter-keys:

	KKeyChooser( ..., bAllowLetterShortcuts = true );
	KKeyDialog( bool bAllowLetterShortcuts = true, ... );

I suspect that 'false' is being passed to one of the above constructors.
Single letter shortcuts work in KMail, for instance.  If not, let me know
which program you're referring to, and I'll take a look at it.

Regards,
Ellis