List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror. File manager, Web Browser... App builder?
From:       Doug Hanley <hanleyman () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2002-05-07 23:47:45

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 11:05 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 May 2002 3:44 pm, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 May 2002 17:40, Jason Wood wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > After a brief chat on IRC, where people thought it was a bad idea, I
> > > figured out that it was actually easy to make konqueror do multiple
> > > konsole views for me (screenshot attatched), which effectively gives me
> > > all the functionality that I've ever wanted from konsole (split
> > > panels).
> >
> > Screenshots? where? ;)
>
> I'm sure I attatched a picture, but here's the same one + 2 more :
>
> http://www.uchian.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/graphics/konsolekonq1.png
> http://www.uchian.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/graphics/konsolekonq2.png
> http://www.uchian.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/graphics/konsolekonq3.png
>
> It was a bit of a hack to make it work (I modified the konsolepart.desktop
> service file, and added a seperate mimetype to be able to access it, but I
> realise that there are neater ways to do this) but the fact is that
> konqueror is quite capable of it. I'm not sure how this will work with
> tabbed browsing (I'm still using 3.0) but I can't see how that would affect
> anything.

Actually I think doing it with profiles would be best.  I've attatched one
that gives you a split pane with consoles in each.  Just put it in
~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/ then load it in konqueror.  But yes, I
really like your idea of konqueror as an app builder, it seems very
promising.  As far as tabbed browsing goes, I dont think there should be any
problems, especially if you do it with profiles.

-- Doug
["test" (text/plain)]

[Main Window Settings]
MenuBar=Enabled

[Main Window Settings Toolbar bookmarkToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=22
IconText=IconTextRight
Index=3
NewLine=true
Offset=-1
Position=Top

[Main Window Settings Toolbar extraToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=0
NewLine=false
Offset=-1
Position=Top

[Main Window Settings Toolbar locationToolBar]
Hidden=false
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=2
NewLine=true
Offset=-1
Position=Top

[Main Window Settings Toolbar mainToolBar]
Hidden=false
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=1