List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some advice needed
From:       Anatoli Gorchetchnikov <anatoli () cns ! bu ! edu>
Date:       2002-05-02 17:38:25

Hi!

I have a string list in my app that contains the layers of neural
net. Now I use it in the network editor (through KListBox) to modify,
and in every layer editor in KComboBox to select the source of
incoming connections. The brut force solution is to create separate
comboboxes for each layer, and to send them a signal from listbox
whenever the list changes to update. I was trying to make it more
efficient by having a single static combobox inserted in all layers,
but the problem is with parentage. Somewhy I can not display it
within layout of layer editor if it does not have this editor as a
parent, and I can't reparent it because, well, I can have several
layer editors open simultaneously... Is there a way to insert same
widget into multiple parents? Or is there any other way to avoid
overhead of several identical widgets being created and maintained?

TAnGorN