List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Controlling non-KDE processes
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-30 16:25:38

> Any hints?

yes, search the list archives (for ps, grep, bsd, sysv) - we had this
question a few times during the last years. :)
the problem is, that there is no standard across the unixes, so there is
no simple answer to this question. if your app is not supposed to be
portable, direct access to /proc is your friend.

greetings

The problem with making software idiot-proof is that idiots are so clever.