List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need some help
From:       aurelien.gateau () mail ! dotcom ! fr
Date:       2002-04-29 14:16:34

Le Lundi 29 Avril 2002 08:02, Russell Steffen a écrit :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been trying to fix my app, konquest in kdegames. It was severly
> broken and basically unsable in the KDE 3.0 release. I was finally able
> to give it a little TLC this weekend, and I just checked in a bunch of
> fixes to KDE_3_0_BRANCH. However, I still have one nagging issue.
>
> The main widget of the app is derived from QGridView (formerly
> QTableView), and it's supposed to have mouse tracking enabled so that
> it can highlight sections of the grid on mouseovers. The problem is that
> the setMouseTracking() call seems to have no effect. I'm not getting
> any mouse movements unless a mouse button is pressed. I even tried
> checking the value of hasMouseTeacking() in my mouse button handler, and
> it always says that mouse tracking is on.

Not sure it will help you, but I ran into the same problem with my
application. I wanted to get mouse move info for all objects inside a widget
derived from a QWidgetStack. I had to create an event filter handling the
mouse move event and install it on all the objects inside my QWidgetStack.

  Aurélien