List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How do I debug kdelibs?
From:       Dave Corrie <kde () davecorrie ! com>
Date:       2002-04-29 12:32:00

Hi,

Instead of grepping through lots of code, I thought I'd try to find out
who calls the KMenuBar destructor by debugging an application (I just
happened to choose knode) and setting a breakpoint in gdb on
KMenuBar::~KMenuBar. I've tried a couple ways of setting the
breakpoint, but gdb doesn't seem to be aware of the kmenubar.cpp source
code:

(gdb) break KMenuBar::~KMenuBar()
Function "KMenuBar::~KMenuBar()" not defined.
(gdb) break kmenubar.cpp:74
No source file named kmenubar.cpp.
(gdb) break /home/dave/dev/kde/kdelibs/kdeui/kmenubar.cpp:74
No source file named /home/dave/dev/kde/kdelibs/kdeui/kmenubar.cpp.

Can I instruct gdb where to look for source code, or is the approach
flawed?

Thanks in advance,

Dave