List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Font installer re-design
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2002-04-29 7:31:52

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately this will again mean quite some changes in
the font API, but would have the advantage of getting global fonts for all
(even non Qt based ) apps. We'll need to do some changes for Xft-2 anyway but
we wanted to wait for this until an official version of Xft-2 is out.

The main problem I see for Qt is keeping backwards compatibitly with the old
xlfd and Xft-1 APIs. Surely nothing we can add for Qt-3.0.x.

Cheers,
Lars