List:       kde-devel
Subject:    need help in porting a library to KDEs admin/ config scripts.
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2002-04-28 23:34:09

Hi all

At first, I'm talking about a library, called libmath++, a math type library
wich needs to be contributed to KDE.
It's tarball can be downloaded at:

http://cvs.surakware.net/viewcvs.cgi/libmath++/libmath++.tar.gz?tarball=1

I'm going to import a math application to kde-edu. This application take
extensive use of my own written math template library (libmath++) wich is
normally configured using standard automake/autoconf scripts.

To import the math application I also need to bundle the libmath++ into
one package to keep the kde dependencies low.

This should be normally done by adding the admin/ dir into the main
directories of the package, and add the kde like stuff into the main
directory.

The `make -f Makefile.cvs` works fine, `./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3` too.
a simple make for compiling then raises lots of errors on source locations
where I've never seen errors before. _and_ on location where I am really
sure that they're synactically and semantically correct.

Please help me in porting that tiny but usefull library to the admin/ scripts
to be contributed to KDE.

I would be really really very happy if someone can tell me where there my
mistake is, or what exactly admin/ does that my sources can't be compiled
with it.....

Many many thanks,
Christian Parpart
http://www.surakware