List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: No scanning in KOffice 1.1 and KDE3
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2002-04-22 15:16:31

On Monday 22 April 2002 16:54, Klaas Freitag wrote:

> the koffice apps from koffice version 1.1 lack scan support in all
> applications. That is unfortunately because koffice/plugins/scan/scan.cpp
> in 1.1 contains a preprocessor statement
> #ifdef KSCANDIALOG_HAS_SETUP
>    if ( scanDialog->setup() )
> #endif
> and KSCANDIALOG_HAS_SETUP is not defined when compiling against KDE 3.0.

Ouch.

> I have no idea why that worked all time at the hacker meeting here in
> Nuernberg but now it does not on (at least) SuSE Linux 8.0 :( and I doubt
> that it works on other systems.

I removed the (no longer necessary) #define KSCANDIALOG_HAS_SETUP from
kio/kscan.h and all apps #ifdeding it.

I didn't touch the KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH_KDE3 tho :-/ I just tried to fix it
there, but somehow I get

cvs server: sticky tag `KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH_KDE3' for file `scan.cpp' is not a
branch
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Any idea how to fix this? The question is, if another KOffice will be released
with KDE 3.0.1.

> Carsten already fixed that for KOffice 1.2 by simply removing the ifdef
> statement from scan.cpp. Now I wonder what happens with KDE 3.0.1. What
> version of KOffice will come with koffice? Will people compile koffice 1.1
> against KDE 3.0.1?
>
> If so, I would kindly ask to put the line
> #define KSCANDIALOG_HAS_SETUP 1
> back in to kdelibs/kio/kio/kscan.h in the KDE 3.0.1 branch to avoid
> changing KOffice 1.1
> With KOffice 1.2, scanning seems to be fine.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer