List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] Important feature GNOME has that we don't
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-17 17:04:42

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 19:24, Andy Goossens wrote:

> Why count the number of CVS commits or the number of changed lines? I can
> write a lot of patches with many changes and still everything stays the
> same. I can write something in 10 lines, someone else does the same thing
> in 3 lines, who is more productive?

Yes, and some people use editors that auto-correct indentation errors. This
might result in lots more changed lines than the user really modified. And if
someone commits a faulty patch and takes three other commits to correct it,
that will count as 4 commits instead of just one.

--
"When they made the garbage collector of Java, they forgot the
collector and only implemented the garbage."