List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mediacontrol (Was: Konqueror, questions about reaktivate and multimdia. Kdenonbeta: why doesnt k
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-04-16 9:02:02

Moin,

On Dienstag, 16. April 2002 00:10, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 15 April 2002 02:23 pm, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > because nobody moves the apps out of kdenonbeta? :)
> > I've asked for moving mediacontrol out of kdenonbeta on march 6th on
> > core-devel and so far I got nothing except a nice mail from rikkus. Of
> > course that one does not move my app in a different CVS-module ;)
>
> Must have missed that. Where is it supposed to go? kdemultimedia?
>
> ls: kdenonbeta/mediacontrol: No such file or directory
>
> What's it named?

It hides very well in kdenonbeta/applets/mediacontrol ;)
and should go to either kdemultimedia or kdeaddons/kicker-applets/.
I'm not sure what to choose because I only know applets being in kdebase,
kdeaddons and kdenonbeta so far.
And because mediacontrol itself is no real application but rather a frontend I
would put it into kdeaddons/kicker-applets/.

------------ original post to core-devel ------------
As 3.1 is getting near (well, almost) I'd like to see
kdenonbeta/applets/mediacontrol moved to
kdeaddons/kicker-applets/mediacontrol.

Mediacontrol is an applet to control various mediaplayers, currently supported
are noatun and optionally xmms (libxmms needs to be there at compiletime).
The applet consists of the usual buttons for handling a mediaplayer and a
slider to seek in the current title being played.
It also has got a primitive theme-support which can be turned off in favor of
standard kde-icons (mmmh, iKons has nice pixmaps for play, pause etc.)

I hope I'm not too late again as mediacontrol should have been part of kde 3.0
already (it's been in its current shape for months as it's not really the
most complex thing on earth *g*) :)