List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Url via DCOP comments.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-04-15 13:24:58

On Monday 15 April 2002 08:50, David Faure wrote:
> and you have to take care of the fact that a single process (even
> a single window) can be looking at N documents.

Sure - currently my klocker project runs off the titlebar caption which nearly
always reflects the current file. Even if Kate has 100 files opened, each
Kate window only has one file with focus at any given time.

> Anyway, I think you'd get a good part of this done by simply adding a
> dcop interface to KParts::ReadOnlyPart (somehow).

Thanks for the input - I'll investigate and see if this is the case. My
thought at this point is that in order to provide a context for every
application there would have to be some sort of internal abstraction layer
that translates the particulars of each app (context for Konsole returns the
CWD, context for Korganizer returns the active calender file with full path,
etc). Sounds like Kparts will add many applications in one broad stroke, and
I'll then just make small patches to the other apps as I need them.

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.