List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: State of Kate in HEAD?
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-04-15 2:50:10

On Sunday 14 April 2002 16:39, John Firebaugh wrote:
> There seem to be many problems with files that use tabs for indentation.
> Wrong fonts, bad alignment, boxes instead of tab characters, very frequent
> crashes (seems to be related to deleting '} else {' type constructs).

Ahh.. it could be related to braces in my experience too.  For me it usually
crashes on paste though -- however, I don't think it's easily reproducable.
In one of the last crashes I had, I opened up kate again and did the exact
same thing as before, and it crashed again.  So then I opened kate a third
time with the idea of copy & pasting the same section again, in order to
reproduce the crash and get a backtrace, but it didn't crash...

I'll post my next backtrace to kde-kant, if it happens again.

Cheers,
Ellis

P.S. as usual, I'm really please with kate's progress, regardless of these
temporary growing pains. ;)