List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: tabbed browsing?
From:       Doug Hanley <hanleyman () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2002-04-15 0:07:06

On Sunday 14 April 2002 07:34 pm, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I like the new tab browsing, but would it be possibly to add an RMB menu to
> the tabs, which allows closing them ?

I was thinking of either doing that or just having the right click close the
tab, and have middle click break the tab off into its own window.  Because
there really isnt any much you can do to a tab other than close it or move it
to a new window.  However, it might surprise new users trying to get a
context menu.

And as for opening new tabs, I guess I could do both Ctrl+Shift+LeftMouse and
middle mouse open a link in a new tab.  Although, I haven't really looked at
how khtml handles mouse clicks, we'll see.

However, I can't start work on any of this before I regain the ability to
compile konqueror.  It just randomly stopped working one second.  It fails to
compile the qstring.h and qglobal.h headers!! Thats right, qstring.h and
qglobal.h!  I hadn't updated or changed qt at all, it just happened.  Funny
thing is, it successfully compiles files like konq_mainwindow.cc (which I
assure you, use those two header files) but then fails on konq_view.cc,
really wierd.  It has something to do with 'uchar' not being defined:

/usr/include/qt/qglobal.h:441: syntax error before `typedef'
/usr/include/qt/qstring.h:197: `uchar' was not declared in this scope

Maybe I could hack up a typedef for uchar in those files.  Anyone know how big
a uchar is? 8 or 16 bytes probably.  But yeah, if anyone could help me out
with this, specifically debian users, I would REALLY apreciate it.

-- Doug Hanley