List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE in the Kernel
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-14 16:01:55

On Sunday 14 April 2002 17:49, Piotr SzymaƄski wrote:
> I have a duron 800, 128 mb ram and my kde is as slow as it could be.

_WHAT_ is slow? Startup time or the speed of an application that is already
running?

Quite a difference and in my experience the latter is no problem at all on a
Celeron 450.

The startup time is sluggish compared to other systems, but we all know that
almost 75% of that slowness is caused by the dynamic linker, so it frustrates
me a bit to see this topic return each and every week again on the list.

We can't do anything about that. We have to wait for decent prelinking in
glibc/gcc. Period.

Martijn